Society for Research in Child Development (SCRD) 2017
National Research Conference on Early Childhood (NRCEC) 2016
Drs. Judy Carta, Meredith Rowe, and Cathie Tamis-LeMonda presented at the NRCEC in July, 2016. See the presentations below
- Variability in Early Language Development: Predictors, Consequences, and Considerations for Intervention (Rowe)
- The Cultural Context of Infant Communication (Tamis-LeMonda)
- Effective Promotion of Language Development for Infants and Toddlers and Their Families: Discussant Comments (Carta)
Conference on Research Innovation in Early Intervention (CRIEI) 2016
The Bridging the Word Gap Emerging Research Scholars and Mentors gathered for a preconference symposium at the Biannual Conference on Research Innovation in Early Intervention. Here are the posters presented by Emerging Research Scholars and members of the BWG Executive Committee at CRIEI:
- Cycyk & Hammer – Studying the Home Language Experiences of Mexican Toddlers A Mixed Methods Approach
- Rahn – Examining teacher perceptions and use of embedded learning opportunities in inclusive preschool classrooms
LENA Conference Opening Session 2015 – Bridging Research to Community and Community to Research
Several BWG Practice-based Research Collaborative projects were highlighted during the LENA Conference. See the links below for posters presented during the opening session:
- Talk Time. Talk!” A Multi-tiered Language Development Intervention for Families of Toddlers and Preschoolers
SRCD Preconference 2015 – Poverty-Related Disparities in Children’s Early Language Experiences and Language Development: Prevention, Intervention and Policy
Several BWG Network Members attended a preconference poster symposium at SRCD related to the word gap. Lively discussion was had around three themes, including: Early Language Development, Home Learning Environment, and Intervention and Prevention.
Check out some of the posters that were presented here:
- The Early Experiences of Latino Children: A Positive Look – Cabrera et al.
- The Additional Effect of Dual Language Exposure on Disparities in Early Language Experiences and Language Development – Hoff et al.
- Parent-Implemented Intervention for Toddlers with Receptive and Expressive Language Delays: The Impact of Family Income on Child Outcomes – Kaiser et al.
- Promotion of Parenting and School Readiness Using Pediatric Primary Care as an Innovative Platform – Mendelsohn et al.
- Input Quality Trumps Quantity Again: Low-income Fathers’ Wh-questions and Toddlers’ Vocabulary and Verbal Reasoning – Rowe et al.
- Mother and Father Language Input in Low Wealth Rural Families: Predictors of Children’s Vocabulary and Achievement – Vernon-Feagans et al.
- A Model for the Sustainable Implementation of a Naturalistic Communication Intervention – Walker et al.
Check back for more presentations and publications by Network Members!