Conference on Research Innovations in Early Intervention (CRIEI) 2018
Walker, Sepulveda, Schwartz, Hoff, Rowe, Dale, Peterson, Diamond, Bigelow, Levine, Goldin-Meadow, & Wasik. A systematic review of interventions promoting children’s language implemented in child care and early intervention
Society for Research in Child Development (SCRD) 2017
National Research Conference on Early Childhood (NRCEC) 2016
Drs. Judy Carta, Meredith Rowe, and Cathie Tamis-LeMonda presented at the NRCEC in July, 2016. See the presentations below
- Variability in Early Language Development: Predictors, Consequences, and Considerations for Intervention (Rowe)
- The Cultural Context of Infant Communication (Tamis-LeMonda)
- Effective Promotion of Language Development for Infants and Toddlers and Their Families: Discussant Comments (Carta)
Conference on Research Innovations in Early Intervention (CRIEI) 2016
The Bridging the Word Gap Emerging Research Scholars and Mentors gathered for a preconference symposium at the Biannual Conference on Research Innovation in Early Intervention. Here are the posters presented by Emerging Research Scholars and members of the BWG Executive Committee at CRIEI:
- Cycyk & Hammer – Studying the Home Language Experiences of Mexican Toddlers A Mixed Methods Approach
- Rahn – Examining teacher perceptions and use of embedded learning opportunities in inclusive preschool classrooms
LENA Conference Opening Session 2015 – Bridging Research to Community and Community to Research
Several BWG Practice-based Research Collaborative projects were highlighted during the LENA Conference. See the links below for posters presented during the opening session:
- Talk Time. Talk!” A Multi-tiered Language Development Intervention for Families of Toddlers and Preschoolers
SRCD Preconference 2015 – Poverty-Related Disparities in Children’s Early Language Experiences and Language Development: Prevention, Intervention and Policy
Several BWG Network Members attended a preconference poster symposium at SRCD related to the word gap. Lively discussion was had around three themes, including: Early Language Development, Home Learning Environment, and Intervention and Prevention.
Check out some of the posters that were presented here:
- The Early Experiences of Latino Children: A Positive Look – Cabrera et al.
- The Additional Effect of Dual Language Exposure on Disparities in Early Language Experiences and Language Development – Hoff et al.
- Parent-Implemented Intervention for Toddlers with Receptive and Expressive Language Delays: The Impact of Family Income on Child Outcomes – Kaiser et al.
- Promotion of Parenting and School Readiness Using Pediatric Primary Care as an Innovative Platform – Mendelsohn et al.
- Input Quality Trumps Quantity Again: Low-income Fathers’ Wh-questions and Toddlers’ Vocabulary and Verbal Reasoning – Rowe et al.
- Mother and Father Language Input in Low Wealth Rural Families: Predictors of Children’s Vocabulary and Achievement – Vernon-Feagans et al.
- A Model for the Sustainable Implementation of a Naturalistic Communication Intervention – Walker et al.
Check back for more presentations and publications by Network Members!